I wrote a post a while back(here) about how my current job isn’t as satisfactory as I’d like it to be. But to be honest thanks to my work, I’ve traveled quite a bit and that’s one reason I am not being able to give up on it so easy! I recently visited the beautiful land down under, Australia. I have never met people as warm and as friendly as there. I have intended to write a post about it and I might do it soon but this one’s about the makeup I picked up there.
I did a full haul and will probably not review all of the products I got from there. But this tiny little palette is stealing my heart everyday with it’s brilliance.
It originally came in a cardboard packaging which I conveniently have tossed away. And from the looks of it you’d know I use this product a lot! I find the packaging quite convenient and fairly sturdy for the price point
Brace yourself, it’s only 2 AUD. Tell me you have a reason not to get it!
It’s an eye shadow quad, with four eye shadows. They are fairly pigmented and soft blendable colors.
Top left(above picture): it’s a satin purple shade, almost matte. It’s beautiful for brown eyes like mine. Extremely pigmented and poppy, this shade is my favorite in the palette
Bottom left: Darker purple shade with similar finish. It had less pigment but still is buildable and be used to create smokey purple eyes.
Top right: pearly shimmer shade which has pink undertones. Extremely beautiful and pigmented this shade. I use it on top of my lids almost everyday and in the inner corners and brow bone as a highlight.
Bottom right: Darkest puple, almost black satin/matte shade. I love using this color on a wet brush to line my upper lid to create a purple-black liner look.
Here’s a look I created only this mini palette:
Here’s how I achieved it:
- I took the lightest purple shade on a round fluffy brush and used it all over my crease. I took my time building the color to the right intensity
- Next I took the darker purple to deepen the crease
- The darkest purple-black shade I used on the outer lid space and inner most lid space leaving a bit of space in the middle of the lid to create a halo eye
- In the middle of the lid I placed the shimmer pink shade which in the photograph looks blue IDK why!
- I put on some lashes, lined my eyes and and used the lightest purple on the lower lids
- Once everything looked okay, I highlighted the inner corner of my eyes and my brow bone using the pink shimmer shade
Please let me know if you like the look and the review. Please like and comment, it would mean the world to me
Also, follow my blog for more content.
There’s this instagram page too. Not too bad, you may check that out 🙂
Thanks so much for reading this out! Take care!