I am an absolute romantic at heart and weddings are my jam! Every time I see a bride’s face, beaming with joy, glowing with love, embracing with open arms all possibilities that lie ahead in the new life, it gives me life. Every Groom I see, who is a mix of anxious and pure happiness, who cannot wait to see his bride, all set to take her into his life and give her only the best, it melts me!
And all I want is for the bride and groom to have their best day! Looking good, if not everything, is still important to give the bride and groom their quiet confidence and serious elan
So here’s a my list of budget products for every bridal kit. Let’s be selfish and concentrate on the bride today, however I see of late, a lot of men like makeup too and it makes me happier. Another step to breaking gender stereotype.
As for the makeup, I’ve tried them all and I can vouch for their performance! I hope it helps at least a few brides who’d want to look great but without having to burn a hole in their pockets.
1. Primer: Aren’t those pesky open pores a pain! Primers can help give you an even skin texture and help keep your foundation on for a longer time. Hell yes you need one in your bridal kit! The new Lakme Absolute Perfect Makeup Primer is so good for only INR 540
2. Foundation: You can skimp all you want on other makeup products, but your foundation is the base of it all. I love the Loreal infalliable foundation for bridal makeup. For under 1200 INR, it gives a medium to full coverage, hides all skin imperfections, lasts a very long time, gives you a matte finish and the best of it all, it photographs beautifully. It basically gives you a filter for the face and I highly reccommend you get one, after ofcourse a proper color match.
3. Concealer : Maybelline fit me concealer is my favorite since it’s launch. It blends amazingly, hides those under eye bags, and dark circles you get from all the worrying before the big day. I also use it to highlight the high points of my face. At 500 INR there is no competition. Basically, go get it!
4. Foundation sponge: We’ve all heard our favourite youtubers rave about the beauty blender. We’ve seen them do flawless foundation and concealer routines with it. Here’s a dupe – The Puna store miracle complexion sponge for under INR 250. Using it for about a year now and I have no complains. Use it damp for perfect foundation application.
5. Setting powder: To hold all the base in place, a transluscent setting powder is a must and they can be expensive. Most of our regular compact powders have pigment and on top of a full coverage foundation tend to make you look cakey. The ADS Meet Mate banana powder may just be perfect for you. This is only product I have not tried but going by the review its a great product for a really affordable price of INR 135
6. All in one face pallette: If you’re after chisled cheek bones, blushed cheeks and want a dewy luminescent pearly glow for your big day, the Makeup revolution ultra blush pallette is here to help. Creamy blendable pigmented powder formula,that are easy to work with and gives your skin the much needed dimension and glow. I am a big fan and if you’re inluck you can get your hands on it for only INR 650(when on sale). If you’d like alternatives, please comment. I got quite a few!
7. Eye shadow : For bridal eyes, my go to would be the Makeup revolution iconic 1 palette(stood the test of time, this one). If you love your traditional gold smokey eyes, or warm bronze or want dark slate or daring purple, this palette can do it all. Supremely pigmented and comes with a dual ended high quality brush, another reason why it’s a great starter palette! I’d recommend this till my last breath
8. Kaajal : The Indian bride needs her kohl and liner. The Maybelline gel liner is bang for your bucks. It’s waterproof, long lasting, deep black gel formula which glides easily on top of your lids as well as your water line. The brush that comes with is is very convenient too.
9. Mascara : You know you can sway anyone when you bat those fluttery lashes. Add to them with one of the best Mascaras ever – The Mabylline Colossal waterprrof mascara. It’s water proof for a reason (very ‘vidaai’ friendly)
10. Lipstick : The Maybelline Color Show Matte lipstick in Bold Crimson is such a perfect red. It’s matte, long lasting and transfer proof. This color will suit all skin tones too.I am in love!
11. Makeup Fixing spray : To finish it and keep your Makeup in place all day long the Loreal Infalliable Pro Spray Extender is just what you need. A finishing spray also ensures that all the excess powders you’ve used on your skin settles to give you a flawless glowy base and of course it keeps your makeup looking fresh for a very long time. I never do without this.
I hope my recommendations help you. I had always wanted to do makeup post and your valuable feedback would mean a lot to me. Let me know if you’d like a detailed review on any of these or more products or you’d want me to do more of such posts at all
disclaimer : Amazon changes it’s prices almost everyday hence the ones I’ve quoted may not be current